Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cosmic Heroes Unite!

HomeLatest imagesHead to the Cosmic Break Official Site!RegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Affiliates

New robot ideas(transferred)

Go down 
+8
太陽 様
boytitan
NovaZero
FrogsnPie
Suzumiya-san
utok
113Kyote
Zaiyde
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Zaiyde
Trainee
Trainee

New robot ideas(transferred) Empty
PostSubject: New robot ideas(transferred)   New robot ideas(transferred) EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 7:55 am

transferred from other forum (may not be as popular due to lack of people)
PS technically this isnt a double post cause this was from the other forum
loopholes rock!!

*water mechs - you may already have read my previous thread about these types in case u haven't heres a quick look
walk=2/5
swim=5/5
dig=N/A
fly=3/5
primary weapon type: missiles/bombs
their the fastest on water but slowest on land, they can go underwater without malfunctioning
their primary weapons are missiles or bombs so that they can nail air targets easily.

*drilling mechs -
walk=4/5
swim=1/5
dig=1/1
fly=2/5
primary weapon type:melee
they are the only types that can go underground. Their primary weapons are melee types since they can go underground they can ambush ARTs easily but they can still be hit by explosions and spotted by AIR types. Theyre still
slower than the LND types when not underground

*space mechs? - nah you can just skip these
or make suggestions which ever you prefer
(come to think of it no one did suggest any ideas for these)

*hybrids - (removed)

and CB needs more male moe bots other than Herr Victor and Jikun Hu
so post you thoughts below.

Last edited by subzero1112 on Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
113Kyote
Do-gooder
Do-gooder
113Kyote

PostSubject: Re: New robot ideas(transferred)   New robot ideas(transferred) EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 8:08 am

We kind of already have a few hybrids =/ Look at Frau Adone and Hell Viktor, they're AIRs with melee attacks. Most of the mechs in-game could be considered space mechs sense they basically travel from planet to planet in mission mode. Drilling mechs sounds interesting, I'd imagine they would either be LND or SUP units. Water mechs would be too situational though, considering the fact that there arn't many maps with water, and before anyone says qeust mode, it's a bit stupid to have bots that can only be used in certain modes. This is all my opinion though. Just saying.
Back to top Go down
utok
Hero
Hero
utok

PostSubject: Re: New robot ideas(transferred)   New robot ideas(transferred) EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 10:45 am

Maps will be massively overhauled if these ideas are to be realized though
Back to top Go down
Suzumiya-san
Hero
Hero
Suzumiya-san

PostSubject: Re: New robot ideas(transferred)   New robot ideas(transferred) EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 1:13 pm

New robot ideas(transferred) Not_this_shit_again

I swear to god if this thread goes south I'm not picking up the pieces. Facepalm
Back to top Go down
FrogsnPie
Hero
Hero
FrogsnPie

PostSubject: Re: New robot ideas(transferred)   New robot ideas(transferred) EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 6:48 pm

I like the idea, but it's just not possible. The game's floor if you will, is the ground our present mechs walk on, ever been in the water? it's only about 4 inches deep. Water mecha would have to be incredibly flat(read next to zero vertical height) to get any use out of it. Digging would be fun, but there are already far too many references to drilling to the heavens already, it's cute once or twice, but after hearing "LEET US DWILL 2 DA HAVENS!" several hundred times(NOT an exaggeration), it's just pure annoying. Also as mentioned above all the planes/vectors we walk on(duh, floors) would have to be redone to have secondary planes of movement beneath them. As an ABILITY however, this would be pretty cool, and definitely provide a unique way of dodging melee types...

drill-bot- 'oh hey ivis'

ivis- 'imma cut you =D'

*drill-bot dives under the ground for X amount of time, and ivis cruises by uselessly*

It could honestly be useful in such a way, but as a type of movement itself, it would be overpowered. Just imagine said drill-bot and all his drill-buddies diving under the ground and harmlessly passing through obstacles to go bum rush the power spot in epoch mode. Zerg rush on roids. GG.

Hybrids, see Support, they basically combine the + and - of all normal types. Being able to reduce blast, beam, AND melee. Really the only true benefit of using them is their ability to take(and deal) ridiculous damage. Heaven help us all when L size supports make it to CB-en... if the game lasts that long...

Primary weapons are a joke btw, ever seen those nasty little jikuns using twin zooks? or how about those beam spamming arts? pretty annoying right? yeah, the last thing we need is another class to be completely useless in that department. I mean no offense by this, but the fact of the matter is, everybody can use just about everything. If you want the most expensive weapons of any type, you pretty much just go with Support, as they are far from limited in choices being able to use nearly every weapon in the game. Granted some weapons are one class only, however, those are fairly uncommon and not always that useful.
Back to top Go down
Zaiyde
Trainee
Trainee

PostSubject: Re: New robot ideas(transferred)   New robot ideas(transferred) EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 8:30 pm

hybrids suck so I removed them

pros and cons of mentioned bots

WTR bots pros:+goes really fast under water
+does not malfunction under water
+destroys AIR like ARTs
cons:-walks really slow on land

DRL bots pros:+can hide underground for safety
+can kill ARTs with ambush tactics
cons:-cant go very far deep
-cant drill through walls
-slower underground then on the surface
there balance changes

PS Full/grasshole that other guy was zman7 Im subzero1112
Ive come up with this idea first

and also that was not attacking a name of a person im just clarifying stuff
(loopholes!!!)
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Admin
Admin
NovaZero

PostSubject: Re: New robot ideas(transferred)   New robot ideas(transferred) EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 8:49 pm

sigh
Back to top Go down
FrogsnPie
Hero
Hero
FrogsnPie

PostSubject: Re: New robot ideas(transferred)   New robot ideas(transferred) EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 10:25 pm

I still don't see the point of water bots, quite honestly the water really is only 4 inches deep, try standing in any water spot in the game(they all have the same depth). It's just not deep enough to cover any bot head to toe! @_@ if you wanna swim just get the swim cart, it'll do exactly what you're proposing but it won't change your type and screw with game dynamics. Admittedly it would be much more useful if the following conditions were met, A) water had Actual depth(none of this 4 inch deep bs) -.- and B) more maps actually had water on them. @_@

As it stands, even the swim cart is pretty friggin useless, I can swim as fast as I walk, yaaaay....wait... there's nothing to swim in! Wah

Moving underground period is too much, regardless of speed. You have at least 30 minutes or so to do epoch, if everyone started drilling underground, it wouldn't take half that to move an entire team stealthily to the ps, unburrow and Demolish it. At Most it should simply be a quick dodge move that lets people *temporarily* escape ivis whoring, think fly high, just it moves downward and can't be interrupted so easily.Kiss

Didn't read my note on weapons? Or just skimmed it? I was basically saying that type doesn't matter, lands kill air just as fast, and sometimes faster than, arts. Why? they get zooks, AND huge move speed. If your walk speed is under 20 on a land type you're using a pseudo-art, probably an L sized land with high tough and blast+melee guard, if you arn't doing that, you're really just wasting points. So grab a froggy and get hoppin' xP or jikun spam to your hearts content, personal preference i suppose.
Back to top Go down
boytitan
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: New robot ideas(transferred)   New robot ideas(transferred) EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 2:30 am

again new classes bad idea hell get rid of all da classes rework flight time it would make balanceing da game a hell of alot easier
Back to top Go down
Zaiyde
Trainee
Trainee

PostSubject: Re: New robot ideas(transferred)   New robot ideas(transferred) EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 4:13 am

FrogsnPie wrote:
I still don't see the point of water bots, quite honestly the water really is only 4 inches deep, try standing in any water spot in the game(they all have the same depth). It's just not deep enough to cover any bot head to toe! @_@ if you wanna swim just get the swim cart, it'll do exactly what you're proposing but it won't change your type and screw with game dynamics. Admittedly it would be much more useful if the following conditions were met, A) water had Actual depth(none of this 4 inch deep bs) -.- and B) more maps actually had water on them. @_@

As it stands, even the swim cart is pretty friggin useless, I can swim as fast as I walk, yaaaay....wait... there's nothing to swim in! Wah

Moving underground period is too much, regardless of speed. You have at least 30 minutes or so to do epoch, if everyone started drilling underground, it wouldn't take half that to move an entire team stealthily to the ps, unburrow and Demolish it. At Most it should simply be a quick dodge move that lets people *temporarily* escape ivis whoring, think fly high, just it moves downward and can't be interrupted so easily.Kiss

Didn't read my note on weapons? Or just skimmed it? I was basically saying that type doesn't matter, lands kill air just as fast, and sometimes faster than, arts. Why? they get zooks, AND huge move speed. If your walk speed is under 20 on a land type you're using a pseudo-art, probably an L sized land with high tough and blast+melee guard, if you arn't doing that, you're really just wasting points. So grab a froggy and get hoppin' xP or jikun spam to your hearts content, personal preference i suppose.

with that WTR mechs I meant add new water maps like really deep ones
you may use LND, AIR, or ART but they will malfunction and move slower
which is why you dont use other kinds of mechs in the waters AIR's flight speed is halfed in the water LNDs run/walk speed is 1/4'ed in the water.
Back to top Go down
Zaiyde
Trainee
Trainee

PostSubject: Re: New robot ideas(transferred)   New robot ideas(transferred) EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 4:17 am

also DRL can only hide underground for 30 seconds
Back to top Go down
太陽 様
Admin
Admin
太陽 様

PostSubject: Re: New robot ideas(transferred)   New robot ideas(transferred) EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 4:30 am

Oh hai.
Back to top Go down
http://shinbunbusubs.forumotion.co.nz
ソラ
Admin
Admin
ソラ

PostSubject: Re: New robot ideas(transferred)   New robot ideas(transferred) EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 11:15 am

Sigh.
Back to top Go down
Daylyt
Admin
Admin
Daylyt

PostSubject: Re: New robot ideas(transferred)   New robot ideas(transferred) EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 6:19 pm

I just think it would take too much time to decode he game to add this kinda stuff. The only way these kinda bots would've been affective is if they were implemented from the start. =l
Back to top Go down
https://herofactory.forumtl.com
Suzumiya-san
Hero
Hero
Suzumiya-san

PostSubject: Re: New robot ideas(transferred)   New robot ideas(transferred) EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 7:46 pm

I figured as much...ya if CS wanted these bots here they'd've done it already.
Back to top Go down
太陽 様
Admin
Admin
太陽 様

PostSubject: Re: New robot ideas(transferred)   New robot ideas(transferred) EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 9:36 pm

I see all this as some pointless stuff.
Back to top Go down
Zaiyde
Trainee
Trainee

PostSubject: Re: New robot ideas(transferred)   New robot ideas(transferred) EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 3:31 am

yea

Im fine with it if u lock this topic Smile
Back to top Go down
Wolf Kurayami
Admin
Admin
Wolf Kurayami

PostSubject: Re: New robot ideas(transferred)   New robot ideas(transferred) EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 3:52 am

Don't worry, it is still CB related. Just continue. ^w^
Back to top Go down
http://brdwhitefangs.rabbit-forum.net/
太陽 様
Admin
Admin
太陽 様

PostSubject: Re: New robot ideas(transferred)   New robot ideas(transferred) EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 3:59 am

I'm not gonna lock this...
Back to top Go down
Zaiyde
Trainee
Trainee

PostSubject: Re: New robot ideas(transferred)   New robot ideas(transferred) EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 9:51 am

kk
Back to top Go down
Suzumiya-san
Hero
Hero
Suzumiya-san

PostSubject: Re: New robot ideas(transferred)   New robot ideas(transferred) EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 1:22 pm

here, I'll ACTUALLY lock it.
Back to top Go down
太陽 様
Admin
Admin
太陽 様

PostSubject: Re: New robot ideas(transferred)   New robot ideas(transferred) EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 3:03 pm

Why lock a perfectly normal thread
It's not like it broke TOS
unlocked
Back to top Go down
Suzumiya-san
Hero
Hero
Suzumiya-san

PostSubject: Re: New robot ideas(transferred)   New robot ideas(transferred) EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 7:25 pm

fine I'll leave it as is, but this thread really has no point. :/
Back to top Go down
ソラ
Admin
Admin
ソラ

PostSubject: Re: New robot ideas(transferred)   New robot ideas(transferred) EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 11:16 pm

Just keep it. Its still related to CB, it's not like it violates a rule or anything. It is simply an opinion.
Back to top Go down
Wolf Kurayami
Admin
Admin
Wolf Kurayami

PostSubject: Re: New robot ideas(transferred)   New robot ideas(transferred) EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 2:07 am

No point or there is a point is not a matter. I agree with Sora and Sun, just continue it. Who might know it'll become useful soon.
Back to top Go down
http://brdwhitefangs.rabbit-forum.net/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New robot ideas(transferred)   New robot ideas(transferred) Empty

Back to top Go down

New robot ideas(transferred)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Central Area :: General-
Jump to: